18.8.10

Wistful Wednesdays: #1

Wistful has synonyms of nostalgic, hopeless, dreamy/ing, sad. But I choose to use the synonym of melancholy and its definition of longing.

So on the first entry of Wistful Wednesdays, and what each Wistful Wednesday post will carry, here is a list of new music! Yes, Wistful Wednesdays will be musical posts. The weekly entry will feature any new music I found/enjoyed in the time span of 6 days. It could also include any music from the past that is either new to me or I would like to rekindle. I'm a huge fan of music and finding the new so I want to share that. You know... in between all of my fashion-related and gaga-related posts.



Egyptian Hip Hop I found a few months ago. I kind of put them aside even though I was really intrigued by their music and style. Apparently they're really really young too. In July I believe, Hedi Slimane tweeted a link to his new set of them on his official site. So I thought, why not spend some time actually listening to these boys? Of course I realize what I missed these months I went without the Hip Hop of the Egyptians. I'm a sucker for UK-born (or somewhere in that vicinity) bands... Mystery Jets, Florence + The Machine, Klaxons. I'm also a sucker for Egypt. I hope to study it enough to be an Egyptologist on the side. Anyway, check out these guys on their Myspace and get some free tracks from RCRD LBL. I had to dig to get some because not too much is known on them. My favorite tracks are "Wild Human Child" and "Rad Pitt."


Katy Perry's sophomore album Teenage Dream leaked online earlier this morning!! I've been a Katy fan and when her new single hit I was excited for this new compilation. Of course her comments on Gaga's "Alejandro" turned me off but whatever. I love this girl. I have passes to see her on the TODAY Show later this month so I'm going to try and go. But try and find a link to download the album, it's really really good. Definitely a step up from her first album. "Peacock" and "Firework" were soo worth the wait.


I've enjoyed The Pretty Reckless since I heard "I, Zombie" or whatever the hell that track is called. Now "Miss Nothing" is a constant on my playlist along with "Superhero" and "My Medicine." Taylor's like a year younger than me, I think... But her comments are getting on my nerves. Recently she said Pop and Rock get mixed up (which is true) but she attacks Rihanna specifically saying she can't wear a leather jacket because she's a Pop artist. Make sense? No... especially not to those who study fashion. But I enjoy her music. She's just young and will learn. Even though she hates Miley Cyrus, that comment was like Miley saying she wishes Kurt Cobain were her boyfriend.

My taste in music is all over the place and I'm not against any certain type. Perhaps that's visible?

No comments:

Post a Comment