16.8.10

The (Elle) September Issue


I never really read Elle. I'm more of a Vogue reader and collector. But this September Issue I had to buy. This entire summer for me was a summer of research in fashion, trends, style. Kind of broadening my thoughts and ideas of the fashion world. So I thought, why not purchase every major September Issue? Since, of course, this annual release by major fashion magazines is always the biggest and best. I am thankful that I did take the issue home with me Sunday, though. Not only do I love the black, white, and red all over cover featuring a well-styled and beautiful Julia Roberts... The inside is not bad at all.

The big issue focuses on trends that have been sprouting since Spring/Summer 2010 collections hit the runway nearly a year ago. While these trends (lace, army, etc.) were not ignored this year of twenty ten, fall will definitely bring the best of them. I've only gotten about half way through Elle's biggest fashion issue of the year but the few articles I've read I enjoyed. The 3-page write up of Opening Ceremony and its owners was fantastic. I also liked Editor-in-Chief Robbie Myers' Editor's Letter... I think I've found a new favorite magazine. Featuring my favorite Balmain and McQueen pieces in the baroque page and my favorite A/W '10 Dior collection in the equestrian-style page were positives too.











P.S. I didn't know "magazine" is synonymous to "arsenal of weapons."

No comments:

Post a Comment