19.8.10

Fall 2010 Trends: Baroque and Royal


Christophe Decarnin is one of my favorites and has been since his oh-so-trendy Spring/Sumer 2009 Collection for Balmain. The collection brought the '09 year-round trends of Military/band-style jackets, bleached/acid wash jeans, and studded-strappy heels. Christophe (oh how I wish were on a first-name basis so let's pretend) just knows how to make the year's hottest trends. I like to think he single-handedly brought back the Army style on his S/S 2010 RTW Collection but we'll get to that later. So what did he start this time?

The Balmain show for Fall 2010 Ready-to-Wear went on with a medley of the Purple Rain soundtrack by Prince. The songs definitely fit with the theme of the show. What Christophe brings us this year have a royal taste (Totally Prince, right?). Those gold-dusted jabot collars, jacquard blazers, perfect frock coats, gold-sequined trousers along with heavily embellished in gold/red trousers... Such a dream. I feel like it's only okay to look at these pieces, not touch. The same goes for our next, legendary, designer. I'm obsessed with the Balmain Fall show so much I have it located on my MacBook just to watch when I feel like it. I've pulled some of my favorite looks from this collection.



McQueen. What's left to say? Alexander McQueen brings to life this new Fall trend. His final hands-on collection for Fall 2010 RTW is stunning beyond belief. But if you're a McQueen lover or even just a fashion follower, you already know this. Alexander brings us back in time to the Byzantine Empire where I wouldn't mind living if I could be enveloped by these handcrafted masterpieces. Here we get the legit historical feel. The cuts, the drapes, the shapes, the prints of digital photographs of paintings from the Dark Ages are flawless. They're only things you want to bask in. I don't think I need to write any more because the pieces speak for themselves. Long live McQueen... My favorite designer, creator.



So we learn from the trend-setting of Balmain's Christophe Decarnin and the genius of Alexander McQueen is: This fall season is royal and historical.

5 comments:

  1. the Alexander McQueen collection above takes my breath away every time I see it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow. love it. great collections, can't wait for fall!

    Ellen at The Raven and the Cellar Door

    ReplyDelete
  3. VodkaSoup, yes! The McQueen collection is too special. I wanted to add more of my favorites (actually all 16 pieces) but I think it would've been too much!

    Ellen, me neither! Summer's great but cut off jeans should only last for so long.

    ReplyDelete
  4. my vogue gets messed up too! i also have teen vogue and that one comes late or i get double issues....
    and i have LOVED this collection,
    they took these or released them the day after the passed and it was just so surreal to look at them, they're so royal and amazing.(referring to the mcqueen but you know that lol)

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg, seriously do you know how obsessed i am with Balmain, everything Decarnin makes is heaven!

    ReplyDelete