13.8.10

Marion Cotillard

011

My brand new obsession hails from France: Marion Cotillard. I've seen her in only a few of her many films and tomorrow I will get La Vie En Rose (her Oscar-winning performance as Edith Piaf). My goal is to study her as an actress and human. I have declared her as my new muse for this ever-growing collection in my mind and paper. Her beauty makes me quiver.

005

008

Nine-stills-012 copy

0032

LaMome-stills-024 copy

INCEPTION

004

But to me, Marion is more than a beautiful French woman... Or beautiful French actress... Or beautiful actress for that matter. She has an unexplained mystery in her eyes that I don't want to resolve. Her spirit is something reminiscent of Audry Hepburn's (to me). Marion's spirit has that classic Hollywood feel that the media is soo dying to have. I've seen videos of her online of her being gracious signing autographs and posing for photos with numerous fans. She is so patient and forgiving with the public. Her human spirit is what is most intriguing to me.

... Her acting skills are top-notch, too, if you didn't know. She makes you feel by hearing her voice and looking into her eyes on the screen. Marion Cotillard is also a very lovely singer. I cannot get enough of her performance of "Take It All" from Nine or "The Eyes of Mars" as part of her Lady Dior campaign. So talented and mesmerizing.

2 comments:

  1. OMG i LOVE her, she is so classically beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know right! I love her candid photos and sessions with barely any make up. She does have that classic look which makes me SO glad La Vie en Rose was such a great platform for her to arrive in the US!

    ReplyDelete