22.3.11

Madonna for Harper's Bazaar March '06

I'm currently in the process of applying to gain a summer internship with Harper's Bazaar. Hopefully, things go very (well, extremely, rather) well with the application. I would have the opportunity to be a part of one of my favorite fashion publications. But, in all seriousness, let's face it: I only REALLY enjoy fashion periodicals, with the exception of Billboard/Rolling Stone. Looking at how I appreciate/admire Harper's Bazaar as a magazine, I decided to take a look back at the most memorable issue for me.

harpers4

The issue at hand is March 2006 with Madonna on the cover. The spread of Madonna's movements cut/pasted on top of each other was incredible to me. The standout colors of the garments or even the black satin in front of black. And it all really reflected from the great lighting. At the time, I really didn't know about fashion, really. I barely knew Madonna. But something stuck with me from that issue, that spread. How could something not?

harpers3
harpers2
harpers5
harpers

No comments:

Post a Comment