16.2.11

A/W 11: Proenza Schouler

aw11_ps

Oh my, my first postings of a Fashion Week show! How exciting.

In a weekend full of excitement (Lady Gaga's "Born This Way" coming out, of course), NY Fashion Week kind of took the backseat of my mind. So, when I found out Style.com would be broadcasting my favorite, Proenza Schouler, I made sure the 5pm time stayed in my front seat! By the way, being 3 hours late from my home on the East Coast sucks big time. But, yes, I sat in my studio apartment in LA on my futon with my MacBook hooked up to my 22" television and enjoyed every minute of the too-quick PS show.

proenza-schouler05

proenza-schouler07

The show featured an abundance of (I found this out the first time from @KirnaZabete) jacquards! They were woven to make such nice diamond shapes. To me, a reference to the 90's... Hilary Banks, anyone? I was also reminded of the 70's with the wallpaper patterns and all. But the colored jackets, folded-over skirts, tucked in button ups... My favorite look was a chunky-knit sweater of grey, blue-violets, and red paired with a pant in the same colors but different pattern. It's probably my favorite because I want to take it and wear it tomorrow. Plus the influences of Native American/Western culture was lovely. Orange, orange, orange! The yellow and black woven skirt of Native American influence is my second favorite of the collection.

proenza-schouler14

proenza-schouler22

proenza-schouler25

proenza-schouler31

proenza-schouler32

The show was fantastic in colors and fabrics and prints. Lazzaro and Jack seem to be giving us a more sophisticated woman and leaving behind their back-to-school style. The duo did this in a very successful way.

2 comments:

  1. They are indeed amazing! I actually met them last month in New York, they're super nice and down 2 earth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, how awesome! But, also, that makes me jealous. How did the meeting go? I don't think I would be the same after meeting Jack/Lazzaro.

    ReplyDelete